Based on your household income, your family may qualify for a tax credit to help pay for health coverage or low-cost or no-cost plans through Medi-Cal. To learn if you qualify, see the chart below.
All numbers listed above are estimates. For larger households, please visit the Shop and Compare tool at CoveredCA.com to find out if your family qualifies.
The health plans that will be offered through Covered California are guaranteed to provide basic levels of coverage and provide consumer protections,including the 10 categories of essential health benefits:
- Ambulatory patient care
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance abuse disorder treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitation and habilitation services and devices
- Lab services
- Preventive & wellness services and chronic disease support
- Pediatric services, including dental and vision care
To enroll in coverage outside of Covered California’s open-enrollment period, consumers must experience a “qualifying life event.” Many different types of qualifying life events are described in the chart below.
- Got married / Divorced
- Had a baby / Adopted a child
- Lost your employer-sponsored coverage
- No longer eligible for student health coverage
- Lost Medi-Cal Coverage
- COBRA Coverage Exhausted
- Moved outside your plan’s coverage area
- Turned 26 years old
- Turned 19 years old
- Became a US Citizen or a lawful presence
- Other qualifying life event